Tote bags are everybody’s hot favorites as they easily accommodate all sorts of articles. They are known for their spacious accommodation and stylish appearance.
Today in this article, we will learn to CREATE A CLASSIC DENIM TOTE.
This Denim Tote would require just an old denim, two belts and 45 mins to be created. So let’s get started…
• Old Pair of Jeans
• Two Small Belts
• Thread and Needle
• Three types of Beads
• Inch Tape and Chalk
• Fabric Glue
• Pencil and Scissors
• Measuring from the bottom with the inch tape mark a point with the chalk at a distance of 14 inches. Draw a straight line at the mark with the chalk.
• Cut both the legs of the pant at the line with scissors.
• Open both the separated parts of the pants by cutting them at the sides. (See Pic 2)
• Overlap the opened parts and stitch them together from inside using the thread and needle. It would take the shape of a bag.
• Hold the bottom corners of the bag, draw a line in a way that it makes a triangle. (See Pic 3)
• Sew the corners at these lines.
• On both the sides of the mouth of the bag, make marks at 3.5 inches from the corners. (See Pic 4)
• Now take the belts. In case you are using old belts then remove the damaged ends of the belt and sew them on these four marked points.
• Draw a big and a smaller flower on the remaining denim pant with a pencil and cut it out with scissors. (See Pic 5)
• Decorate these flowers by stitching on them the different beads that we had taken, in any pattern of your choice.
• Lastly, paste the flowers onto the DENIM TOTE using fabric glue.
Your DENIM TOTE is ready to use! You can take this bag to the market for shopping or use it for any common day to day work.
This is a quite creative way to USE your Old Denim Pants which keep lying here and there in our homes.
Watch the entire video here:
So do follow us on various social media platforms. Keep learning new things and Live Creative!!